It is often required to have two people sign closing documents when the investment is made by a married couple or an LLC or trust with common ownership by two people. CrowdStreet allows investors to have two signatories on their investing entity, where both can e-sign in DocuSign. If your particular circumstances require more than two signatories, please contact us directly by emailing email@example.com.
Adding a second signatory
1. Navigate to your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and click on My Account.
2. Select Investing Entities, and click Add/Edit members.
3. Click Add member.
4. Enter the Name and Email into their respective fields, set the Role to Investor, and set Signatory to Yes. Then click the check mark to accept these changes.
5. Click Submit Changes.
6. Click OK to proceed with sending an invitation to the email address of the second signatory you have set up, inviting them to join and register on CrowdStreet.
Jointly e-signing closing documents
1. Proceed to your Transaction Center to access your pre-approved offer, click Start DocuSign.
2. Once you finish completing the documents and signing, DocuSign will automatically send the other signatory an email with a link to enter the active DocuSign "envelope" to add their e-signatures. You will see their status as "Pending" until they finish, which will automatically submit the completed closing documents to the Sponsor for review.
3. When your closing documents are fully signed and submitted, the Transaction Center will direct you to proceed with next steps, which may include accreditation verification.
Note: When investing as a joint entity, the accreditation criteria may differ. Please review the SEC's requirements via the following resources: