On the CrowdStreet Marketplace, offers must be made by an investing entity, in which you may be a member. You may be the only solitary member or a co-member with other investors. You may also be party to multiple investing entities and accordingly choose to organize your investments in a variety of ways.
Creating or updating an investing entity
1. Click here to access your CrowdStreet investor account. If you need to create a new Investing Entity, click Add Entity. If you need to review or update information pertaining to an existing Investing Entity, click the name of that entity from the list provided.
2. Fill in your legal investing entity name and select an account type. These will vary depending on how you plan to fund your investments:
- Using personal funds ---
- Legal investing entity name: "Firstname Lastname"
- Account type: Individual account
- Tax ID/SSN: This is most likely your personal SSN. Please consult your CPA if you have questions about this.
- Using a self-directed IRA ---
- Legal investing entity name: Consult your IRA custodian as to the correct naming convention. Custodians that we have integrated (i.e. Millennium Trust, Entrust, Equity Trust) will self-populate the correct name.
- Account type: IRA
- Tax ID/SSN: This is most likely your IRA account's Tax ID number. Please consult your IRA custodian.
- Using an LLC ---
- Legal investing entity name: Use the name as stated in your articles of incorporation
- Account type: Entity
- Tax ID/SSN: This is most likely the LLC's Tax ID number. Please consult your CPA if you have questions about this.
- Using a Trust ---
- Legal investing entity name:Use the name as stated in your articles of formation
- Account type: Trust
- Tax ID/SSN: This may be your personal SSN or a Tax ID number specific to your Trust. Please consult your CPA if you have questions about this.
3. Designate the appropriate entity members.
- If you are investing on your personal behalf, or if you are authorized to act as the sole signatory on behalf of your entity, you may be the only entity member. You should mark yourself with the role of Investor and signatory set to Yes.
- If you need to designate a second member of your entity with signatory responsibilities, you may click Add Member, provide their name and email address, and mark them with the role of Investor and signatory set to Yes. If they do not already have a CrowdStreet account, they will be sent an invitation by email to register.
- If you would like to designate another person without signatory responsibilities who should have access to view the information about your investments on CrowdStreet, you may click Add Member, provide their name and email address, and mark them with the appropriate non-Investor role and signatory set to No. If they do not already have a CrowdStreet account, they will be sent an invitation by email to register.
4. Enter the mailing information for the investing entity.
5. Provide your distribution banking information and designate a preferred payment method. If you designate Mail or Wire as your preference, is it strongly recommended that you also provide ACH information, as sponsors will do their best to accommodate your preference but may default to ACH in many cases.
6. Ensure that all the information you've entered is complete and accurate, and click Save Changes, located in the upper right corner of the window.
Note: The accreditation criteria may differ according to the investing entity type. Please review the SEC's requirements via the following resources: