A key term to a real estate private equity deal is the sponsor “promote”. This term is really just industry jargon for the sponsor’s disproportionate share of profits in a real estate deal above a predetermined return threshold. In this article, we will define the sponsor promote, explore how promotes work, explain how they are justified as well as how they benefit both sponsors and investors and, finally, what they mean to investors under a direct-to-investor model.
Articles in this section
- What is a Real Estate Sponsor Promote?
- How can I increase my chances of participating in a high-demand deal?
- What is the purpose of the Investor Forum?
- Will I have exposure to UBTI?
- Accreditation FAQ
- What are the Differences Between Direct and Indirect (REIT) Real Estate Investments?
- What is a Cap Rate?
- What is a Cash-on-Cash Return?
- Oversubscription FAQ
- How do I become a Sponsor on the CrowdStreet platform